The areas the Institute will work on
- The Institute will continue to work with all the stakeholders including private sector, government sector and non government sector towards achieving excellence in environmental conservation for sustainable development
- Provide a help desk to the industry in matters related to the environment. This is facilitated by having a multidisciplinary and diverse membership and database on all matters related to environment.
- Empowerment on environmental issues for both the novice and the practitioner of environment so that he/she can be better equipped to face the challenges of today.
- Quest for promoting sustainable & environmental friendly lifestyles through which our Carbon footprint is made small and contentment is made large.
- Have a Young Environmental Forum which is the young members section/charter of the Institute
- Have regional IEPSL Chapters either in regional universities or institutes and facilitate them to organize activities.
- Organise events such as,
- Competitions – Young Environmental Inventors in association with the industry who will benefit from the products/services from the inventions
- Exhibitions coupled with the AGM
- CSR projects
- Cricket matches, networking events
- Seminars/workshops at both central and regional level
- Training courses- both initial and Continuous Professional Development
- Newsletter- both hard copy and electronic
- Liaise with similar environmental professionals in other countries ie IEP in UK