4th February 2021
The Institute of Environmental Professionals Sri Lanka (IEPSL) is the umbrella organization of environmental professionals in the country, incorporated by Act of Parliament No 1 of 2020. The Institute engages in raising awareness, educating, undertaking interdisciplinary research, and conducting capacity building programs on various local, regional, and global environmental issues and in their management, It provides a platform for discussion on matters relating to sustainable development in Sri Lanka.
In order to provide improved services to its membership and to manage the IEPSL Secretariat, the following full-time vacancy will need to be filled immediately.
Post of Executive Secretary
Providing Secretarial and Administrative services to the Institute of Environmental Professionals Sri Lanka (IEPSL)
The primary duty of the incumbent would be the facilitation of maximum operating efficiency of the Secretariat of IEPSL through the provision of general secretarial support and day-to-day management of operations, information sharing and networking,
The following duties will be an integral part of the job:
- Dealing with and recording telephone calls, email messages, attending to visitors and queries on IEPSL with appropriate actions and responses, bringing urgent issues to the attention of the Hony. Secretary and/or the President.
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Hony. Secretary of the Institute for timely convening of the monthly meetings of the Council and in maintaining and disbursing minutes of the meetings. Following up on the required actions as per the minutes of each meeting and reporting as required.
- Supporting the secretarial and administrative functions of all sub-committees of IEPSL.
- Maintaining an electronic database of all categories of IEPSL members and updating the same to keep it current.
- Maintaining financial flow, attending to accounts, and producing financial reports under the guidance of the Treasurer of the Institute.
- Establishing and maintaining a filing and data tracking system.
- Organizing meetings, seminars, training programs and other events related to the Institute including arranging travel and accommodation for participants if the need arises.
- Helping with uploading of current news items in the IEPSL website
- Any other work that may be assigned by the Institute contributing to the effective performance of IEPSL
- Professional qualifications from a recognized Institution
- Should possess more than 03 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Proficiency in the English and Sinhala languages
- Sound English writing skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office,
- Able to support the Hony Treasurer in maintaining accounts of the Secretariat and in maintaining cash-flows
- Excellent interpersonal skill, proactive, self-motivated and well-disciplined and able to work under minimum supervisions
Salary negotiable. Please send in your resume with the recommendation of two non-related referees within 14 days of this advertisement.
To; Hony. Secretary E-mail to: email@example.com
Institute of Environmental Professionals Sri Lanka More Info : Tel: +941113084268
104, Denzil Kobbekaduwa Mawatha, Battaramulla +94719332876 (Hony. Secretary)