Post of Executive Secretary
Providing Secretarial and Administrative services to the Institute of Environmental Professionals Sri Lanka (IEPSL)
Since IEPSL is a membership-oriented Institution, maintaining excellent relationships with members is fundamental to the position. The primary duty of the incumbent would be the facilitation of maximum operating efficiency of the Secretariat of IEPSL, through the provision of general secretarial support and day-to-day management of operations, information sharing and networking,
The following duties will be an integral part of the job:
- Dealing with and recording telephone calls, email messages, attending to visitors and queries on IEPSL with appropriate actions and responses, bringing urgent issues to the attention of the Hony. Secretary and/or the President.
- Providing secretarial and administrative support to the Hony. Secretary of the Institute for timely convening of the monthly meetings of the Council and in maintaining and disseminating the minutes of the meetings. Following up on the actions as per the minutes and reporting will also be required.
- Supporting the secretarial and administrative functions of all Standing Committees of IEPSL.
- Maintaining an electronic database of all IEPSL members and updating same to keep it up to date.
- Maintaining the cash flows, attending to accounts, and producing financial reports as guided by the Hony. Treasurer.
- Establishing and maintaining filing and data tracking systems.
- Organizing meetings, seminars, training programs and other events related to the Institute including arranging travel and accommodation for participants if the need arises.
- Helping with uploading of current news items in the IEPSL website and social media pages
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Institute contributing to the effective performance of IEPSL
- Professional qualifications from a recognized Institution
- Possess a minimum of 03 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Be computer literate and web
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Able to support the Hony Treasurer in maintaining cash flows and accounts of the Secretariat
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, be proactive, self-motivated, and well-disciplined with ability to work under minimum supervision
Salary negotiable. Please send in your resume with the recommendation of two non-related referees within 7 days of this advertisement to: Hony. Secretary, Institute of Environmental Professionals Sri Lanka, 104 Denzil Kobbekaduwa Mawatha, Battaramulla: email email@example.com